Sunday, January 13, 2013

Project for 2013

For years, I've enjoyed creating fun pillowcases for family and friends. In 2013, I plan to start a special project. I'd like to make my cases and put them on pillows for children that find themselves at a local shelter that specializes in assisting neglected children. Often times, these kids are escaping abusive homes and show up with very little. I'd like them to go to sleep with a cuddly pillow. This would be theirs to keep and take with them.

I haven't officially named my project, but an idea that has come to mind is "Sweet Dreams." It's not clever enough for me though. I welcome your creative word-smithing!

I will be meeting with the shelter soon to discuss making this all possible. And I'll keep you posted with its progress...

Here are a few of my most recent cases:










No comments: