Monday, April 30, 2007

Let the Games Begin...

Well, my impatience (I like to call it eagerness) has struck again. Yesterday, I wanted to scrub the back, upstairs porch so we could sit out there. It was filthy dirty (as my Mom would say). When I went out on the porch, the floor was worse than ever. The janky, canvas floor covering had rips all over it and the paint was cracked and peeling off everywhere. So I decided, in my infinite wisdom, to pull all the canvas off the floor boards. Surprisingly, the boards below are really cool. They're 5 inch planks. Yeah, so I commence to washing. I scrub the siding, the banisters, the floor. It looks fabulous. I'm envisioning how I can simply put a nice coat of grey paint on the floor and how nice it will look. Then I go downstairs. You likely already guessed. The pantry off the kitchen looks like a sinking ship. At least 2 inches of water on the floor, water streaming down the sides, water has even ran down into the basement. Water Water Everywhere.

Let the summertime, house antics begin...

7 comments:

Parma Area Fine Arts Council said...

Was that from rain, or did a pipe burst?

Joy said...

Muffin!! What a little stinker!

Renee said...

Uh, Mama. In most states, excluding West Virginia, washing means the use of water.

Anonymous said...

Renee,
Luis and I are so proud of you and Jules being home owners, not only is it a major step in life but it's FILLED with stories!

Renee said...

I talked to Wil today. He's hooking us up! We'll have the nicest back porch for the Summer when we're all done. :-)

katraz said...

this isn't the special Olympics is it?

Anonymous said...

Maybe Wil could help someone install a toilet in the upstairs bathroom?